Lets face it - one iPod is just not enough. So its handy that iPods are such a popular free give away! In fact, there are so many promotions that offer free iPods that we decided to be selective and just go searching for promotions that offer the iPod Touch! And we were fussy about the type of promotions we were prepared to list. All twenty listed below are legit - some require a bit of work, others are a lot of fun, and some simply require contact details. We have a selection from around the globe (with most in US or UK) and put the results into nine categories:
1) Hell’s Kitchen iPod touch Game Sweepstakes (US only) Finishes on May 14, 2009.
2)If you live in the UK then you must check out the most generous contest we found - 120 lucky winners will receive an iPod touch!! You have till 22 March to enter and can enter to win each week.
Register as a member for a chance to win an iPod Touch:
3) Kraft First Taste (US) are giving away an iPod Touch every day till the end of Mach! You must go through their easy registration process to be entered to win.
4) Live Strong offer you a dare! Take the Dare to Track Your Food Daily , and you could win an iPod . Contest ends on March 31, 2009 (no location restriction - as far as we could find).
5) Its amazing the wide range of organizations that are using the iPod Touch as a way to promote their sites. The person who successfully invites the most people to register on myocn, wins an iPod Touch. You can also win an iPod Shuffle just by providing your contact details. Unfortunately, we could not see the rules of the contest nor when the contest ends! But as the add for the contest is still featuring on their home page, we are assuming it is still open.
6) Are you one of those people who like to send chain mail to your friends? Well, here is a guaranteed way of ensuring your friend does get something of value! If you tell a friend to take a look at TalkSwitch you’ll be entered to win an iPod Touch. ANd if you go a step further, and fill out the entry form and the email address of the person you wish to tell about TalkSwitch then they will enter you automatically in the draw to win. Contest closes on April 30, 2009,and is open to legal residents of USA and Canada (excluding Quebec) over 18.
Write a review of some sort:
We found two sites that were offering an iPod Touch as a lure to get people to
7) Write a review about a PC product, and be entered in the draw to win an iPod Touch. Contest ends March 31 2009. As always, make sure you read the rules before entering. Restricted to (some) US residents.
8.) A neat one for those Down Under: You only have to post a comment - either in their forum or as a blog comment - for MedConnect. Posts between between 9th February and 9th May 2009 and you will automatically be entered into the running to WIN an Ipod Touch!
Complete a survey/Quiz
These are for real!! Not the spammy ones where you have to complete “platinum, gold and silver” awards to win!!
9) Have fun with this one at PersonalityTest. You are presented with a series of images and asked to select the best ones for you! Then provide your contact details and you are automatically entered in the draw - and sent your personality assessment! Promotion closes at 10am, March 23rd, 2009 and is open to UK residents aged 18 or over. The daily prize is an iPod Touch (8GB version). One iPod will be given away every day for the duration of the promotion, selected at random from entries received each day.
10) This is a more serious survey by InformationWeek -it will take 5 minutes to complete - so still worth the effort and may do some good as well! However, the quiz i aimed at companies, and provides no information about location restrictions or end date for the quiz.
11) Here is one for Australians and New Zealanders - also a serious survey that is part of a larger study on the use of digital news by consumers by Queensland University of Technology.(we said that all sorts of organizations are doing this!) Entry closes on 23.59 15 April 2009 (AEDT). It will take 5-10 minutes of your time to complete
12) Test your power supply knowledge, get up to a 10% discount, and enter to win an iPod touch!! Just to spell this out a bit more : All entrants that register will receive a coupon with a promotion code worth up to ten (10%) percent discount off eligible Power Supplies. PLUS you are automatically entered in the draw for the iPod Tiouch. How cool is that? The promo ends August 15, 2009 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
Entry is open to residents in the United States, Canada (except the Province of Quebec), Mexico, Brazil, India, Singapore and Korea.
13) For Canadians, only (we think?) This one gets a mention but, there are no rules or deadlines given! The site has only two pages and no contest rules are listed on either. However, there is some extra information provided elsewhere that indicates that this survey is for a worthy cause - so we decided to include it. The survey results are needed for a conference in May, so assume the contest ends sometime before then!
For all you Twits:
14) Like we say, everyone is getting into the action. This one will appeal to the Twits among you. You are invited to show how much your city cares about renewable energy by cheering for it on twitter. Everyone who cheers gets automatically registered to win an iPod touch.
For the creative among you:
15) A bit more work required to win an iPod Touch by this method - but that will probably mean that you have better odds as fewer people will enter. And if you are any good at making videos and are musical to boot - well, it will be a synch! Expotv want you to make a video review of Liz Scott’s new single ‘Angel’ (the “Video”). When you submit it, and you will automatically be entered into the Contest. Contest ends 11:59:59 p.m. EST on April 12, 2009 and is only open to US residents.
16) Not to be outdone, UK residents have a nifty contest that requires creative talent. Enter the ‘Barnet in Focus‘ photo competition by Friday 1 May 2009 and you will be entered in the draw to win an iPod Touch. The promoters are after see eye-catching, good quality photos of people (not under 16), places and events in Barnet - so you will have to go there folks!
For the hard working:
Really, the advantage of these contests is that they require so much work that only a few people will probably have a real go at them. So, if you are keen….
17) Bittenbooks are wanting to promote their e-novel(?) Crux - and have come up with no less fourteen ways that you can help them to promote it - and so go in the draw to win an iPod Touch. We think they are very ambitious with what they want people to do for this prize, but hey - it just might appeal to you. The contest ends on Friday 3/20/09 at 11:59 pm PST. Make sure you read their rules!
18)Facebook competition (UK): first prize will be 300,000 crowns. Second prize will be an iPod Touch . This contest has not yet started so can’t give you rules or the ending date. You are required to start a facebook group and have the most members by 1st April. There is a catch - of course - so you need to read the brief guidelines provided by the promoter. The guy looks to be a bit of a character - so it might be a good move to wait till the details of the contest are posted!!
Our Favorite Contests: because they are the most fun:
19) Enter the SPEED Trivia contest to win an iPod Touch. Tune in Friday starting at 8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT for the Daytona 200! To play online - when the game opens, a form will appear on the speedtv web site in the right hand sidebar. fill out the form and submit your answer! The winner will be announced at the end of the telecast. (BTW, your answer to the trivia question will not affect your chances of winning).
20) Our ten star contest is one run by Alfa Romeo (UK) - If you are pretty slick at video game car racing, then just check out this one! The mymitorally competition runs for 9 weeks ending Friday 10th of April - with 10 x iPod Touch and 20x iPod Nanno’s on offer (among some other pretty hot prizes - including a MiTo 1.4 16V Lusso car) for the highest scoring racers . Read the contest details to find out how to get a high score.
You can let your friends know how they can win by using the share button below.